Saturday, February 12, 2011

Under Water.


The
O
N
L
Y
thing that keeps us under water is pride.
If I dive thinking there is a way to breath without oxygen
I
am
a
fool.
I will flap my arms in distress and cry out to
God
for a little
Grace
and a lifejacket
and then ignore the able and willing Bodies looking on in shared distress.
"Hey!" they cry out.
"Can W
E
help?"
I can only ignore them for so long before
my lungs begin to fill with salty water; reality.
A purple face and tears that squeeze out and float
away
just as every other self provision.
And then I plead with
God
one more time for a little
Grace.
Help.
Something.
And then God sighs and loving,
gently,
taps a Body.
They respond in obedience and complete knowledge
of flesh/pride keeping us underwater.
The Body know the importance of responding when
I, like the Body, refused to recognize stubbornness and pride.
So in absolute desperation
I surrender
and am
overwhelmed by

Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers