Monday, November 1, 2010

Sad Bird's looking chipper.



You see this little guy? His name is Sad Bird and he lived on the window tint of a borrowed church van. Sad Bird represents something not so sad at all actually. In the midst of a scheduled discombobulated summer, I had the rich privilege of hopping onto a "cheap" flight to Portland, Oregon to celebrate the wedding of my authentically joyful cousin Mandee. A complete treat, like a pumpkin spice cupcake with cream cheese frosting. A time to gather for
S'mores roasts,
ultimate frisbee,
paint-by-number,
assembly lines,
gut busting circles of laughter,
prayer,
more prayer,
delicious home cooked food,
pizza and veggies on the patio,
Good Beer,
Beach trips,
and Photos.
When I worry about being stressed and losing little joys, I remember Sad Bird and all the jokes told while staring out his old window. The life giving weekend that reminded me of the vitality of celebration. Of Laughing. And the anticipation of another family reunion rapidly approaching in the honor of my brothers wedding.
So hats off to Good Times Van Round 2!! T-minus 19 days.




1 comment:

  1. SAAAD BIRRD!
    !
    Thank you for reminding me of him, and of that beautiful week. I still think fondly of it as one of the best weeks of my life. I'm sad we won't be able to make it the wedding coming up though. :( I'll miss you all. I know it will be great.

    ReplyDelete

Followers